Defective Product Injuries
Personal Injury Lawyer Peoria, IL
A competent Personal Injury Lawyer will readily explain that a defective product can be anything that causes injury because of mislabeling, a design flaw, or poor production. Because there are millions of products on the market, the risk of harm from a defect is significant. Harm can conceivably result from toys, appliances, exercise equipment, and more. Perhaps a new blender is faulty, for instance, or a seat belt malfunctions.
Tragedies happen due to defective products. Every Personal Injury Lawyer in Peoria, IL and surrounding areas such as East Peoria, Dunlap, Washington, Morton, Eureka and Pekin believes that victims of defective products deserve to be compensated for their physical pain, mental anguish, and financial loss. They know that, as with any field of law, there are rules and guidelines to seeking retribution in these cases. Consider the following:
- The plaintiff must show that the defect is what actually caused the injury.
- The product must have been in proper use when it caused the injury.
- The product must not have been changed in design or function since its purchase.
- The victim must show that he or she had no knowledge of the defect during its use.
- The defect must have caused substantial injury, such as head trauma, blindness, broken bones, or burns.
Verifying for the court that these circumstances were in place can be quite challenging, particularly when manufacturers and retailers have vast legal teams to fight accusations of liability. This is where a Personal Injury Lawyer can be invaluable. Contact Doc Halliday today, whether you are in Peoria, East Peoria, Dunlap, Washington, Morton or Pekin, IL!