Herniated & Bulging Discs
Workers’ Compensation Attorney Peoria, IL
Do you have a herniated or bulging disc as the result of workplace strain or injury? If so, you may be entitled to compensation from your workplace for medical treatments or lost wages. Because the number one complaint of injured workers is employers who fail to pay, it is important to seek professional representation. As a Workers’ Compensation Attorney for Peoria, East Peoria, Dunlap, Washington, Morton and Pekin, IL, Doc Halliday can streamline the compensation process.
How Can a Workers’ Compensation Attorney Help?
Discs cushion your spine. When a disc is injured or herniated, you may experience a great deal of pain. A herniated disc is one of the most common causes of lower back pain. Also called ruptured or slipped discs, herniated discs occur when the outer layer of disc cartilage is cracked. A bulging disc, when a disc protrudes from the spine, rarely causes initial pain symptoms, but lack of treatment can lead to disc herniation. Symptoms of disc herniation may include the following:
- Back pain, often in the lower back
- Nerve pain that travels down the leg and/or into the foot, also known as sciatica
- Tingling in the foot or leg
- Leg or foot weakness
Herniated and bulging discs may occur as the result of the type of work you do or your overall workplace environment. Some factors that can lead to disc herniation include the following:
- Repeated strain on the back
- Constant lifting, pulling, twisting or bending
- Carrying large weights
- Work that requires you to be sedentary for long periods of time, including frequently working at a desk or driving
A doctor must properly diagnose herniated or bulging discs with a physical examination, sometimes coupled with an MRI. Treatments can include the following:
- Workplace adjustments or restrictions
- Rest and time off to recuperate
- Ice or anti-inflammatory medications to relieve pain and swelling
- Steroid treatments given in the spine
- Physical therapy
Don’t wait to treat your back pain by trusting your employer to do the right thing. Contact Doc Halliday today. As an expert Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Peoria, IL, he can help make the workers’ compensation process less painful.
For workers suffering from job-related herniated and bulging discs, a Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Peoria, IL can help alleviate the stress of the situation.